Gaps in hotel history
MUCH is known about a popular Helensburgh institution, the Queen’s Hotel in East Clyde Street, but there is a significant gap in the list of owners.
Henry Bell, the town’s first Provost, is believed to have opened the seafront hotel — then named the Baths Inn — with his wife Margaret in 1807, a year after he acquired the land.


A BOY who emigrated from Helensburgh to Australia at the age of just eleven went on to become one of the pioneers of early professional photography. 







