Rhu and Shandon Parish Church is a friendly, welcoming and happy congregation, linked to Helensburgh Parish Church. The first small Rhu Parish Church was built on the present site and as time went by, the population of the parish increased and the church became too small.  A second church was built on this site, and then in 1851 the third and present church was built.