The present St Michael & All Angels was completed in 1868. Sir Robert Rowand Anderson, the Edinburgh architect, chose the French Gothic style of the 13th century for the building. The church hall was built in 1912 and in 1930 the Church tower, with a peal of eightbells, was built and dedicated. Further additions in recent years have been the simple side chapel in 1958, the small hall in 1968 and the front porch in 1996.