ONE of the oldest and longest running schools ever to function in what is now Helensburgh and Lomond was in Glen Fruin . . . and it had a very unusual origin.
In 1755 James Glen, who held charters for the lands of Portincaple and what were known as the Chapel Lands of Glen Fruin, executed a Deed of Mortification, which would today be called a bequest.